SKIN CARE FOR WINTERS
Arrival of winters means change in your skin routine or you have to face dry and dull skin. Fret not. Here are some things you can do for healthy, smooth and glowing skin this winter and many more winters to come!
- Apply humectants like glycerin, almond oil or coconut oil on skin.
- Cover skin after applying a moisturizer.
- Never use hot water to bathe in.
- Add a few drops of almond oil or glycerin to your last rinse just before toweling.
- Use sunscreen.
- Eat fruits with high water content such as apples, pomegranates and oranges.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.
- Flaxseeds moisturize body from inside. Include them in your diet.
- Use aqueous or oil based bath gels.
- Take 15 drops each of avocado oil and apricot oil and mix with 10 drops of glycerin. Massage with fingers for 15 minutes, then lightly clean face with a warm cloth.
- Warm pads on eyes will reduce puffiness.
- Rub fresh tomato puree or juice on your face and wash.
- A five minute massage with almond and vitamin E oil or cream alleviates redness and leaves the skin soft.
GET LUSCIOUS HAIR IN WINTERS
Want silky, soft and shiny hair even in winters? Then read on!
- Ensure a protein rich diet with nutrients like zinc, magnesium, iron and vitamin B.
- Eat walnuts and almonds.
- Lightly massage the scalp at least twice a week with castor, olive or coconut oil. The oil should be kept on scalp for 3=4 hours or overnight.
- Use shampoo that contains vitamin E and natural ingredients.
- Use an intense hydrating conditioner.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your hair.
- Avoid too much color or heat.
- Shield your hair with a hat, cap or a scarf.
- Massage the scalp with coconut oil. Leave it on for half an hour beneath a hot towel and then wash it with a mild shampoo to reduce dandruff.
- Avoid washing your hair more often than needed.
LIP CARE FOR WINTERS
Goodbye dry, chapped lips.
- Moisturize your lips on a regular basis to keep them soft and smooth.
- Use good quality lip oil and apply it at regular intervals.
- Also, eat a good diet to keep your lips healthy.
- Always remove lipstick before sleeping.
- Use olive oil or almond oil as they nourish the lips effectively.
- Never bite dry skin off the surface of your lips. Instead try to soften them up by using up butter.
- It is always good to exfoliate your lips with honey and sugar mixed together.
- A good intake of vitamin B will nourish your lips and prevent cracking. Vitamin B can be found in foods such as green vegetables, eggs, cheese, brown rice etc.
FOOT CARE FOR WINTERS
- To cure cracked heels, common in winters, apply a foot care cream with natural ingredients like honey and turmeric.
- It is important to trim your toe nails.
- To exfoliate your feet, add a few drops of shower gel in warm water and soak your feet in it. Next, scrub off the dead skin with a soft pumice stone. Pat your feet dry.
- DIY pedicure: lather up warm water with shampoo and soak your feet. Rub with a pumice stone. Add rose water or aromatic oils to fresh water, wash and moisturize.
- Don’t forget to moisturize.
- Use a mixture of glycerin, lemon juice and rose water at night to wake up with soft feet.
With love ❤
DISCLAIMER: All the images used in this post are taken from pinterest and shutterstock. None of these images are owned by us.